woensdag 16 juli 2014

RESTAURANT VORK & MES

Last week I decided to visit the restaurant Vork en Mes in Hoofddorp again. 
It was a beautiful summer evening for an outside dinner. I had not yet had the pleasure to enjoy the evening menu on my plate, except from the cookbook of the owner Jonathan Karpathios, that i regularly use as an inspiration in my kitchen.
I had a wonderful meal and enjoyed the beautiful layout! I love recipes that are different than usual or just pure and simple, and i think it's important the way the food comes about. In addition, to me a dish should look attractive. It all came true this night. 
On my way out i met the cook. We had an interesting and passionate conversation about the restaurant, the way they cook and their greenhouse. 
"Yesss!," I thought....How nice to talk to someone who does for a living what i would have liked to do if had not chosen another type of creating. I love cooking and everything that comes with food. The growing & harvesting in my own vegetable plot, preparing it, and the presentation. It's a real joy to work outside, watch things grow and experiment with taste and colors on my plate. Let alone learning and understanding what it takes not to have your crops being eaten by nature....before it's ready. All about being a modern farmer.....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten